Monday, February 26, 2007

The Day After....

The good thing about this year's Day After The Oscars is that it doesn't feel like a societal hangover. Usually the show is sooooo long and sooooo boring and sooooo insulting to humanity with it's excess that the day afterward I always wake up feeling ashamed, like I was run over slowly by a steamroller as penance for living in a country that so blatantly flies in the face of global poverty and despair. But this year, thanks to - I don't know, Ellen Degeneres? - I didn't wake up feeling that way. So many celebrities spoke out about global warming and the need for something to be done; Al Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" won Best Documentary; the Oscars themselves were supposedly "green," although I need to check up on that...

Today is about editing. New Orleans. I've written the outline and it feels good. This morning I'm going through the footage and making notes about the good soundbites are. Next, after lunch, I'll throw the outline together in what's called a Radio Cut. Basically, the radio cut is the story told in audio only - soundbites, music, pacing. You pay no attention to the visual. You just lay out the story in your outline and see if it holds together if you close your eyes and listen.

I'm also researching hosting this blog somewhere else because I'd like to upload video examples of what I'm working on or at least screenshots of it. It'd be good to see a progression of each project.

Alright, I gotta get back to it. have a great day, y'all!

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Kamwana said...

Dude I was just reading your blog
and I love you for being you Alexia.
You're just so candid and honest and it's rare;
I swear to you.
For someone like me who lives underneath so many layers of disguise it's like standing on top of a mountain breathing real clear air to hear you talk about your feelings for your mom and Ms family and everything.. I really respect the hell out of you.

I've tried to dedicate myself to doing what you're doing: sharing one's real self. But it's really hard for me. It's a life's mission that I haven't yet fully gotten done.

Anyway. It's a real cool blessing to know you.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger The_Lex said...

Couldn't find any other way to reach you, but I think we have a very similarly named blog. Mine's at http://thelex-topia.blogspot.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home