Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life On Blog

My friend Katie wants to blog. She'll be AMAZING at it. I spoke to her for a long time on the phone today about what sites to check out, how to "do" it - blogging -, and then sent her a long email with some of my favorite links. It's exciting to think how long Katie and I have known each other, and to see us now adapting so well to the new world. Blogging. Holy shit. Vlogging. I had to tell her what that meant. I didn't even know what it meant until a year ago... It's exciting because blogging is the ultimate democracy. Choice On Wheels. You can create a blog or a vlog and put it up on the web for all to see. This is beautiful. It's like meeting new and interesting people while sipping coffee on a plaza in Rome. No shit. You're sitting at a cafe near the Spanish steps and all of a sudden some tall, blonde dude and his super-short-haired, blonde girlfriend will ask you for sugar. In perfect English-With-A-Dutch-Accent.

The Dutch always seem to really travel a lot. Have you noticed that...???

Anyway, so Katie is getting into blogging. She's a professional mom and accomplished children's book writer, so she'll be a natural. It's also exciting to think about reading her stuff every day. No matter what she writes about. Katie and I have known each other for - fuck - over 30 years (when did THAT happen..????), and fell to only being in touch, like, once a year. It's life, you know. Work, relationships. Work. Moving too quickly. Maybe why the Chinese eat so much rice or the Indians do so much yoga - slows'em down. Katie and I need to slow down. I find that when only half of my day is "full" I feel much better. Working from home helps a lot, and so I'm looking forward to Katie discovering that bliss.

You go girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home