Wednesday, December 13, 2006

India and more

This morning I started thinking about packing. What will I bring to India? And what will I be able to fit in my suuitcase that will otherwise be filled with gifts? Juthica has told me that coffee table books of classicly American (Native American) images would be best for adults and any kind of electronic gadgets would be best for kids. There are three kids I'm bringing stuff for. They are the children of the 2 professors I am interviewing for a piece on Kolkata itself. The city has had an internationally bad rap for long enough and so, although I have to address the issue of poverty and squalor, I'm also going to have these guys talk about the wonders and beauty of the city. It was, after all, once the capitol of India...

Last night I had flight-panic. But this is normal. It's not that I'm afraid to fly, it's that I'm afraid to leave my house. My routine. I am a slave to the comfort of routine. Cancer with Cancer rising and my Moon in Cancer. Oy vey... Anyway, so this is what happens to me before a trip: I'll spend a couple of days being very excited, then will wake up one night FREAKING OUT about leaving M. and having to go off into the cold, dark land all by myself. You have to understand that, for me, the last "cold, dark land" I went to was Canada. Not bad. Not bad at all. But I wuss, so...

So, what will I bring to India...??? I think it'll be 80 degrees and humid. Kind of like back East. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home